A popular saying says “Marriages are settled in heaven but celebrated on earth,” but this saying does not go well with every couple. Infidelity has become a major problem among married couples. Marriages are able to survive infidelity provided both the partners are ready to repair the damage. The disloyal spouse should be ready to bring an end to the affair, stay honest and take all the steps to win the trust of her partner back. Losing your patience after knowing about the affair of your spouse can create problems in your own life and disturb your health. Instead of taking a decision to end your marriage, think about the measures you can take to make your marriage work.
Why mostly married partners cheat?
We often feel that married partners cheat because they have fallen out of love but this is not true in all the cases. People cheat because their desire for loving their partner drops down. Sometimes, one of the partners feels that their partner is not giving them enough time and attention, which drives them apart giving rise to a new affair. In many cases, a married person’s new affair starts with friendship and results in going out of the way thereby cheating the spouse.
Whatever may be the reasons for a partner’s infidelity, it is very hurting for the honest partner. Unfortunately, if you are dealing with this in your marriage, here are a few ways by which couples can survive cheating:
- The couple should try to acknowledge that life will take a U-turn and things would be different soon.
- Couple therapy can do wonders for the people who have lost any hope of being together again.
- Talking about the problems because of which one of the partners started cheating the other.
- The partner who has cheated the other one should understand that winning the trust will take a lot of time and remain patient to make things work.
- The couple should remain dedicated to making the relationship work by putting in their best efforts.
- Both partners should bring some changes in their behavior to accept each other.
- Maintaining a transparent relationship and not hiding anything from each other will help to make the relationship a healthy one.
- Spending more time with each other without having any discussion about the past affair.
- The affected partner should disclose the feeling of how the cheating done by the disloyal partner has affected him/her.
Following the above ways, a couple can be able to survive the cheating phase and become happy again. If you have taken all the steps to save your marriage and nothing works, even then thinking about bringing an end to the beautiful relationship you both have shared is not the right decision. You need to understand why your partner cheated on you and then try to make him/her understand that he/she followed a wrong path, which can hamper their loving relationship. Handling the things on a calm note can bring a positive change to your partner and can drive him/her back to you.
If a couple wants their marriage to grow and heal, they can join hands together and work on the problems amidst them. There is always hope for the couple to amend their relationship by coordinating between each other. So, couples do not lose hope soon as it is only the hope and your trust that can bring a change in your life.
For more information and helpful tips on cheating spouses, check out our cheaters apps page, where you have a tool at your disposal.